Chosen Applicants receive up to $750 cad honorarium. Application Deadline is June 23rd 2021. Looking for applications from British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Yukon, New Brunswick, or Newfoundland and Labrador. Indigenous Culture and Media Innovation (ICMI) is pleased to announce the launch of a community-based project. ICMI has developed a digital cultural repository platform, a place where Indigenous people can safely share, and interact with cultural knowledge, without compromising control or ownership.
This project aims to engage in conversations with users to build capacity & increase discoverability of Indigenous artists via https://www.IndigitalCultures.ca
ICMI is currently recruiting Community Liaisons across Canada, to carry out conversations within their communities and networks.
Alternate Application Methods:
ICMI Phone (866) 529-0260
ICMI Email info@IndigitalCultures.ca
ICMI was created out of a recognized need for Indigenous access to the arts. ICMI opens its doors to the Indigenous community through professional development, projects, productions, facilities, and equipment.
ICMI is committed to the vital role of community control and ownership in the research and development of digital resources for Indigenous communities across Turtle Island. We centre equity and collective responsibility in the development of digital tools and platforms for the arts. This project follows the protocols of community Ownership, Control, Access and Possession (OCAP) of all information, ideas and knowledge shared throughout the project.
Community Liaisons will:
- Be from British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Yukon, New Brunswick, or Newfoundland and Labrador
- Participate in facilitation and research training on June 24th 2021 / June 25th 2021
- Have access to mentors and support
- Carry out a series of conversations and interviews between July 2021 and Sept 2021 within their region and communities to build capacity & discoverability of indigenous artists via IndigitalCultures.ca
- Attend a two day online Symposium held September 9th & 10th 2021 including participating in feedback discussions.
This project is supported by the Canada Council for the Arts – Digital Strategy Fund.
The work of Indigenous Media and Culture Innovations is made possible through the support of the Canada Council for the Arts